Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Crowd Pleaser

Hey Guys!! I know it's been a over a week since there was any blog action, last week was busy.  For give me?  A few weeks ago, we had some friends over and I was in need of a quick appetizer that needed to be made in no time at all.  So I thought to my self, we've got Avocado's, you know what that means... Guacamole!!  

FYI, Guacamole is not just for the summer, and it's healthy.  If you know me, you are aware that I tend not to write down recipes LOL  Well, I had to write this one down for my mom's friend hence it was crowd please-er.  Over the holidays, you will have folks over or just need a quick snack....try my Guac recipe!  

Nomnom

Guacamole Recipe

1 large Avocado or 2 small ones
1 tablespoon of Lime Juice
1 Clove of Garlic grated
Half of a Tomato finely diced
Quarter of Red Onion finely diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Serve with Nachos

Optional:  Diced Jalapeno w/o seeds if you like  

Tip: Cut the Avocado in half and use a spoon to get all of it out of the skin.  Mash Avocado with a fork or use a potato masher and then add Lime Juice to Avocado.  (Make sure to add Lime Juice to the Avocado once you spoon it out of the skin because you do not want it to turn brown due to oxidization.)  Add in the rest of the ingredients ensuring that all are incorporated well.
Btw, if you have leftovers put it in the fridge and have it the next day, it will keep for one day.

Enjoy!

@MsKRandom

XX

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so addictive :) Homemade salsa is another one of my favs.

      Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. This really is a crowd pleaser, I always have guacamole at my parties and it's always the first to go.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol It's perfect for any occasion really....seems like we both have great taste in appetizers.

      Have a good day!
      XX

      Delete

You were going to leave without staying something....
Thanks for visiting XO